Do you know why people buy from you? Do you know exactly what it is that you bring to the market?
Put simply your value proposition is a promise from you that outlines why someone should buy from you. It explains how you solve their problems or makes their lives better. It’s clear in what benefits you deliver and it tells the ideal customer why they should buy from you (and not your competition).
The challenge is, if you don’t know the answer to these then there is no way that your customers could see it either.
Have you ever bought from someone and just felt that they were perfect for your needs? That means that their values were a match for yours (and your needs). What would happen if you could make those values clearer in advance? Well, you would
- Find it easier to make sales (because they already have a feel for what you are about)
- Get better quality customers (because they already know what you offer and what you are about)
- Get more leads (because you have made it clear that you are the right person for the job)
A good value proposition will help set you apart from your competition.
A value proposition isn’t a catchy saying, a logo or a mission statement. It’s something like this
- It has a headline that states the end benefit that you are offering
- It has 2 or 3 sentences explaining what you offer, to who and why it’s worth looking at
- It has 3 bullet points about key features or benefits
- It has an image that captures the business message